Akron Children's Hospital has been caring for children since 1890, and our pediatric specialties are ranked among the nation's best by U.S. News & World Report. With two hospital campuses, regional health centers and more than 50 primary and specialty care locations throughout Ohio, we're making it easier for today's busy families to find the high-quality care they need. In 2020, our health care system provided more than 1.1 million patient encounters. We also operate neonatal and pediatric units in the hospitals of our regional health care partners. Every year, our Children's Home Care Group nurses provide thousands of in-home visits, and our School Health nurses manage clinic visits for students from preschool through high school. With our Quick Care Online virtual visits and Akron Children's Anywhere app, we're here for families whenever and wherever they need us. Learn more at akronchildrens.org.
To treat every child as we would our own
To treat others as they would like to be treated
To turn no child away for any reason
We are seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
Part Time (16 Hours per week) Days, Primarily 6:30am to 3:00pm and 8:00am to 4:30pm including weekend and holiday rotation
The Pharmacist ensures safe, effective, appropriate drug therapy for all patients.
1. Reviews each new prescription against patient profile information for completeness, allergy conflicts, reasonableness of dose, duplicate drug therapy, and clinically significant drug reactions.
2. Contacts and confers with physician in a manner that results in an effective outcome when drug therapy questions, irregularities, or problems are encountered documentation of the resolution of any inappropriate orders is recorded.
3. Maintains all legally required and departmentally required records including controlled substances.
4. Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care for the physical, psychological, social, educational, and safety needs of the patients served regardless of age.
5. Other duties as required.
Technical Expertise 1. Experience in pharmacy is required or pediatrics is preferred.
2. Experience in JCAHO accreditation is preferred.
3. Experience working with all levels within an organization is required.
4. Experience in healthcare is preferred.
5. Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar software is required.
Education and Experience 1. Education: Bachelor's degree in Pharmacy is required PharmD degree is preferred.
2. Certification: Current licensure by the Ohio State Board of Pharmacy is required.
3. Years of relevant experience: 5 to 7 years is preferred.
4. Years of experience supervising: None.
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: