Location: Akron, Ohio
About Akron Children's Hospital
Akron Children's Hospital has been caring for children since 1890, and our pediatric specialties are ranked among the nation's best by U.S. News & World Report. With two hospital campuses, regional health centers and more than 50 primary and specialty care locations throughout Ohio, we're making it easier for today's busy families to find the high-quality care they need. In 2020, our health care system provided more than 1.1 million patient encounters. We also operate neonatal and pediatric units in the hospitals of our regional health care partners. Every year, our Children's Home Care Group nurses provide thousands of in-home visits, and our School Health nurses manage clinic visits for students from preschool through high school. With our Quick Care Online virtual visits and Akron Children's Anywhere app, we're here for families whenever and wherever they need us. Learn more at akronchildrens.org.
- To treat every child as we would our own
- To treat others as they would like to be treated
- To turn no child away for any reason
Prior to the start date, full COVID-19 vaccination is required for employment. Full vaccination is defined as 14 days after the last received vaccination. Boosters are excluded from this requirement.
We are seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
Part Time (16 hours per week) Pharmacy Technician and Driver, Primarily 4pm to 8pm with a weekend and holiday rotation
Summary:The Pharmacy Technician assists the pharmacist with preparation and distribution of medications. The technician helps fill orders for patients and ensures they are delivered to the correct nursing unit.
1.Fills medication orders by reviewing the medication label, obtaining the correct type and quantity of medication and placing the medication with the label for the pharmacist to check.
2.Refills patient medication carts with a 24-hour supply of medication.
3.Prepares oral syringes of patient medication.
4.Prepares intravenous medication, including chemotherapy
5.Delivers medication to nursing units.
6.Stocks medication in automated medication dispensing units.
7.Repackages bulk medication into unit-of-use packages.
8.Performs medication inspections and removes outdated medication from stock.
9.Answers the telephone and assists nurses with medication supply issues.
10.Transports medication to offsite locations using hospital vehicle.
11.Must be able to work primary shift and any other shift at any location.
12.Other duties as required.
- Prior experience as a pharmacy technician is preferred.
- Prior IV medication Preparation experience preferred.
- Must have a clean driving record and be able to be insured on the hospital auto insurance plan.
Education and Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Certification: Registration as a "Certified Ohio Pharmacy Technician" or "Registered Pharmacy Technician" or "Pharmacy Technician Trainee" or "Pharmacy Intern" required. Any non-intern candidate who has not passed a national certification must do so within 12 months and must convert a trainee license to a certified license within 12 months.
- Years of relevant experience: 0 to 2 years is preferred
- Years of experience supervising: none
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: