Careers at Landmark, part of the Optum and UnitedHealth Group family of businesses. At Landmark, we work to deliver high quality, comprehensive care to chronically ill patients wherever they reside and whenever they need it. We focus on doing what’s right for the people we serve, even when it’s not easy. This is your opportunity to be part of a compassionate team that is setting out to change health care for complex, chronic patients. We’re looking for driven people like you because changing the status quo takes dedication. Here, we’ll invest in your personal and professional growth while giving you a unique opportunity to make a difference. Helping people feel their best is a rewarding part of doing your life’s best work.(sm)
Ensures the safe and effective use of medications for HbMC patients by providing medication therapy management including medication reconciliation, assessing for optimal drug product selection, dosage regimen design, effective administration and drug therapy monitoring services. Reviews inpatient and outpatient drug therapies when appropriate and works with HbMC clinicians and multi-disciplinary team to find alternatives when needed, to ensure the best care possible is being given and to maximize clinical and financial outcomes.
- Prevent, detect, and resolve medication therapy problems including unnecessary drug therapy, ineffective or suboptimal drug therapy, incomplete immunization record, suboptimal dose, medication allergy, adverse drug reaction, and clinically significant drug interaction
- Make evidence-based, patient-centered recommendations as a part of the multi-disciplinary team
- Design, implement, assess, monitor, and document therapeutic plans utilizing the most effective, safe, and economical medication treatments
- Recommend cost-savings strategies based on plan formularies, insurance phases, and evidence-based guidelines
- Prioritize level of care based on critical needs and perform home visits for patients as needed
- Collaborate with providers and through collaborative practice agreements (dependent on state- specific regulations) to facilitate chronic disease state management
- Provide concise, applicable, comprehensive, and timely responses to requests for drug information from patients and health care providers
- Provide education to patients and/or caregivers regarding medications and chronic disease states
- Contribute to and support market-specific and pharmacy-related quality measures
- Actively participates in the development and implementation of performance/quality improvement and patient safety activities with the HbMC Team
- Represent Pharmacy/service areas on institutional/ practice area committees and quality support teams
- Share expertise by coordinating and providing educational presentations to HbMC multi-disciplinary team
- Participates in mentorship and professional development of newly hired HbMC pharmacists
- Complete required continuing education credits and submit pharmacist license renewal to State Board of Pharmacy on time
- Engage in professional development to maintain and enhance knowledge of clinical standards of care relevant to HbMC Health’s patient population
- Some travel required
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Doctorate in Pharmacy (preferred) or Bachelor of Pharmacy
- License/Certification: Licensed pharmacist within state or eligible within 60 days of hire
- Access to reliable transportation required; if you are driving a vehicle, you must comply with all the terms of the Optum Motor Vehicle Safety policy
- PGY1 residency or Board Certification
- 2+ years clinical pharmacy practice experience
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone-of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income-deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes - an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.