Location: Akron, Ohio
About Akron Children's Hospital
Akron Children's Hospital has been caring for children since 1890, and our pediatric specialties are ranked among the nation's best by U.S. News & World Report. With two hospital campuses, regional health centers and more than 50 primary and specialty care locations throughout Ohio, we're making it easier for today's busy families to find the high-quality care they need. In 2020, our health care system provided more than 1.1 million patient encounters. We also operate neonatal and pediatric units in the hospitals of our regional health care partners. Every year, our Children's Home Care Group nurses provide thousands of in-home visits, and our School Health nurses manage clinic visits for students from preschool through high school. With our Quick Care Online virtual visits and Akron Children's Anywhere app, we're here for families whenever and wherever they need us. Learn more at akronchildrens.org.
- To treat every child as we would our own
- To treat others as they would like to be treated
- To turn no child away for any reason
Prior to the start date, full COVID-19 vaccination is required for employment. Full vaccination is defined as 14 days after the last received vaccination. Boosters are excluded from this requirement.
We are seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
Part Time (24 hours per week) Primarily 8:30am to 5:00pm
The Outpatient Pharmacy Technician assists the pharmacist with filling and checking of prescription medications. The technician enters, counts, pours, and labels prescriptions for patients.
- Obtains patient insurance, clinical history (weight, allergies), and billing information and enters into the OP pharmacy computer system. Processes insurance issues, cash deposits, and other jobs as assigned.
- Fills prescriptions by typing the prescription into the OP Pharmacy Computer System, obtains the correct medication, counts, pours, and labels the prescription for the pharmacist to check.
- Alerts the pharmacist of any drug allergy, drug interactions or insurance issue before processing prescription.
- Answers telephone and voice mails.
- Restocks prescription supplies including vials, bottles, and labels. Rotates stock and ensures outdated medications are removed from inventory.
- Reorders and receives prescription medication and supplies from wholesale drug company and hospital storeroom. Restocks medication and supplies on shelves.
- Packages, records, and mails prescriptions to patients after checking by pharmacists.
- Functions as a cashier. Rings up OTC and prescription sales and handles patient needs.
- Other duties as required.
- Prior experience as an outpatient or inpatient pharmacy technician is preferred.
Education and Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Certification: Registration as "Certified Pharmacy Technician", a "Registered Ohio Pharmacy Technician" or "Pharmacy Technician Trainee" required. National Pharmacy Technician Certification (PTCB or equivalent) required within 12 months of hire.
- Years of relevant experience: 0 to 2 years is preferred
- Years of experience supervising: none
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: