A Clinical Pharmacist is responsible for conducting clinical pharmacy services and ensuring that the pharmacy provides optimal clinical services on a daily basis. A Clinical Pharmacist works with the Clinical Pharmacy Manager to facilitate the development, implementation, and maintenance of systems that promote desirable patient outcomes through the use of safe, cost-effective drug therapies. Clinical Pharmacists in Emergency Medicine provide clinical pharmacy services to the emergency department, critical care support, and medical emergency response as assigned. The employee should strive to function with the professionalism required to uphold the standards for his/her position, placing patient safety as the highest priority.
Education / Experience:
• Must be a graduate of a an accredited school of pharmacy
• PharmD required
• Must have completed PGY1 residency or have 3-5 years of clinical experience, preferably in emergency medicine or critical care
• Specialty Residency training preferred
License / Certification:
•Must be eligible for pharmacist licensure in the State of Alabama
·Licensure must be obtained within 6 months from the hire date.
·Must obtain a controlled substance certificate
·Board Certification preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Maintain knowledge of the principles, practices and concepts of modern pharmacology, and pharmacotherapeutics; laws and regulations that govern pharmacy operations and institutional practice
• Demonstrate skill in planning, time management and organization; researching pharmacology literature.
• Demonstrate the ability to: work independently and adapt to a changing work environment; implement new systems and procedures; make correct decisions in stressful situations; communicate effectively both orally and in writing; relate well to a broad spectrum of students, staff, physicians and patients; effectively develop and present in-service modules; think critically and analyze and solve problems; effectively use computer applications such as spreadsheets, word processing, calendar, e-mail and database software in performing work assignments; have sound professional judgment; thoroughness; accuracy; integrity; resourcefulness; physical condition commensurate with the requirements of the position.
• Demonstrate a commitment to continuing education and the advancement of pharmacy training
About Baptist Health
Baptist Health is a faith-based organization operating a multi-facility healthcare system located in Montgomery, Alabama, providing healthcare services to residents of Central Alabama.