Texoma Medical Center, a 414-bed acute care facility has been providing quality health care to the residents of North Texas and Southern Oklahoma since 1965. Our main campus is located in Denison, Texas, approximately one hour north of the Dallas/Fort Worth area and just south of the Texas/Oklahoma border. In addition, we have numerous facilities in locations throughout the Texoma region. Since 1965, TMC has forged a special relationship with the people of North Texas and Southern Oklahoma. Texoma residents have come to depend on TMC to meet a spectrum of physical, mental and spiritual needs. TMC has responded with unique services to provide the kind of sophisticated, experienced care that was once available only in major metropolitan areas. We offer major specialty services including open heart surgery and neurosurgery. Advanced resources such as certified trauma care support TMC's role as a regional specialty center.
The basic purpose of nursing is to provide safe, competent nursing care for patients in accordance with facility policies, standards, and philosophy. Additionally, nursing will provide professional leadership and support to the healthcare team. The concepts of Patient Centered Care will provide the foundation for all nursing care. Demonstrates Service Excellence standards at all times. The Standards of Practice set forth by the professional nursing associations will provide guidelines for the competent, safe and professional practice.
Benefits available include:
- Tuition Assistance
- Career Development opportunities
- Flexible Scheduling
- HealthStream online learning catalogue with plenty of free CEU courses
- Challenging and rewarding work environment
- Competitive Compensation and generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Excellent Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Drug plan
- 401K with company match and discounted stock plan
- SoFI Student Loan Refinancing Program
Who we are:
One of the nation’s largest and most respected providers of hospital and healthcare services, Universal Health Services, Inc. has built an impressive record of achievement and performance. Growing steadily since its inception into an esteemed Fortune 500 corporation, annual revenues were $11.6 billion in 2020. In 2021, UHS was again recognized as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune; in 2020, ranked #281 on the Fortune 500; and listed #330 in Forbes ranking of U.S.’ Largest Public Companies. Headquartered in King of Prussia, PA, UHS has 89,000 employees and through its subsidiaries operates 26 acute care hospitals, 334 behavioral health facilities, 39 outpatient facilities and ambulatory care access points, an insurance offering, a physician network and various related services located in 38 U.S. states, Washington, D.C., Puerto Rico and the United Kingdom.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Clinical Pharmacist at TMC provides pharmacotherapy support to physicians to optimize medication selection, dosing, and monitoring. Clinical pharmacists participate in inpatient medical rounds with the physician attending and family practice medical residents. The Clinical pharmacist applies their specialized knowledge and clinical experience in evaluating the appropriateness and effectiveness of the patient’s medications. They recognize untreated health problems that could be improved or resolved with appropriate medication therapy and assess the status of the patient’s health problems and determine whether prescribed medications are optimally meeting the patient’s goals of care. The Clinical Pharmacist works directly with physicians and other health professionals contributing to better coordination of care to ensure that the medications prescribed lead to the best possible health outcomes. The clinical pharmacist serves as an objective, evidence-based source of therapeutic information and recommendation. The Clinical Pharmacist performs formal pharmacokinetic dosing and monitoring on a daily basis. Clinical pharmacists are an integral part of Antimicrobial Stewardship by ensuring appropriate antimicrobial therapy is utilized for the appropriate duration of therapy. The Clinical Pharmacist contributes to new and evolving initiatives and participates in the education of nursing, medical staff, and pharmacy staff.
- Successful completion of a degree from an accredited pharmacy program.
- PGY1 Residency and/or two (2) years of clinical experience preferred.
- Licensed and in good standing with the Texas State Board of Pharmacy.
- Ability to set priorities, make critical decisions, and respond quickly to emergency requests, communicate effectively, and work independently. Must be able to handle frequent interruptions and adapt to changes in workload and work schedule. Knowledge of state/federal laws and regulations. Leadership, administrative, employee relations and managerial skills. Must demonstrate the ability to effectively participate on interdisciplinary teams and committees. Must demonstrate ability to prioritize workload as well as flexibility
- Follows Just Culture principles to ensure just assessment of individual acts.
- Creates a safety-conscious work environment where employees feel free to raise safety concerns without intimidation, harassment, discrimination, or fear of retaliation.
- Demonstrates commitment to safety in decisions and behaviors.
- Issues potentially impacting safety are promptly identified, fully evaluated, and promptly addressed and corrected commensurate with their significance.
All UHS subsidiaries are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates. UHS subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and as such, openly support and fully commit to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion and compensation of individuals without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success.
At UHS and all subsidiaries, our Human Resources departments and recruiters are here to help prospective candidates with matching skillset and experience with the best possible career at UHS and our subsidiaries. We take pride in creating a highly efficient and best in class candidate experience. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo Mail etc. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by contacting us at: https://uhs.alertline.com or 1-800-852-3449